- Environmental Clean-up
- Highly absorbent material for uptake and degradation of pollutant.
- Transparent Conductors
- Fabricate of 3D transparent conducting Ga:ZnO films by low temperature hydrothermal.
- Heterogeneous Photocatalysis
- Ultraviolet to visible light responsive graphene aerogel photocatalyst.
- Self-powered photoelectrocatalysis for H2 production and pollutant degradation
Photocatalysis for (i) energy sustainability CO2-neutral H2 production and (ii) environmental remediation of air/water pollutant treatment are important research area for addressing global climate and environmental issues.
Our research focuses on development of novel and efficient photocatalyst and co-catalyst nanomaterials as well as understanding of associated photophysics and chemistry processes.
- Functional nanomaterials for nano/biotechnology applications (MOE)
- Development of hybrid inorganic nanorod/nanocrystal–polymer materials for solar cell applications (MOE)
- Nano and energy research (Applied Materials)
- Development of room temperature operated flexible plastic sensor for imminent hydrogen powered economy (MOE)
- Water splitting hydrogen production based on surface engineered nanocatalyst and hybrid electrolysis-photocatalysis process (MOE)
- Development of nanostructured photocatalyst and fundamentals of photolysis-electrolysis (MOE)
- Nanopores membrane; integrated catalytic disinfectant and sensory for air/water (POC, NRF)
- Hybrid aerogel for multifunctional photocatalytic degradation-H2 production; cogeneration of clean water and energy (PSF, A*star)
- Development of Sulphide aerogel for photocatalytic degradation and H2 production (MOE)
- Nanocomposite for solar hydrogen generation and storage media (MOE)
- Functionalized Aerogel for Treatment of Indoor Moisture and Air Contaminants (EIRP, NRF)
- A hybrid composite desiccant/nano-woven membrane air dehumidifier for warm and humid climates
- Energy efficient hydrogen production via a hybrid photocatalysis/electrolysis prototype (POC, NRF)
- A novel desiccant/nano-woven membrane air dehumidification to enhance building energy efficiency (MND, A*Star)
- Self-powered body sensor network for disease management and prevention-oriented healthcare (CRP, NRF)
- Light controllable molecular systems: Fundamental studies towards light driven molecular devices (MOE)